Soul Travellers

Desember 21, 2017

Well, I must admit that this year was the worst year in my reading history. If I'm not mistaken, I only finish 5 new books even though I still often buy new books. Even, there were many sealed book that unread in my bookshelves. Oh gosh!

Actually, I read every genre; from history, self-development, politics, biography, even teen lit or romance. But, one of top priorities must-buy-book for me is travelogue book since I like travelling. I think a good travelogue books tell us not only about the destinations but also the lesson learned from the journey. I prefer to read travelogue books with motive or why the writers doing his travel to that place not only describe the destinations itself. 

Well, I just finished Soul Travellers written by Andre Mokalu and his other 38 friends. Each of the stories has its motive. They turning miles into memories and write it down in this books. I haven't feel mix emotion when I read books for a long time, but when I read it, this feeling was back. Although not all chapters were good, I found some story that can represent travelling with "soul".

Here are my favourite quotes:

"No matter what I do, life is compromised by epic failures, remorse, and even death. I will never be content if I persist in finding what happiness is consist of"- Andre Mokalu (pg. 411-412)

"Life continues to go on. Why are you so sure that this whole world is so essential? Why don't you let it be?"- Intan Irani (pg. 187-188)

From this book, I learn that the essence of travelling is not about seeing foreign land nor learning about their culture. By getting lost in the city, lost in discussions with new people, you will find yourself again and again and challenged your life perspective.

Source: joelannesley.com

You Might Also Like

0 komentar