English Skill

November 23, 2017

Hello, world! It has been 6 months since I write something here. How lazy I am. But actually, it happened not because I'm lazy, but many things happened in the last 6 months and I don't have spare time (or maybe I don't "menyelokan" time) to write something here.

After struggling more than 4 years, I graduated the last August. I think life is more challenging after you graduated. You may find many options on what will you do after this and each option had their own responsibilities. Well, despite finding and securing a good job, I decided to continue and pursue my dream since I was in high school. What is it? Yes, to study abroad, to see the world.

Now, I am working in the office of international affairs UGM and I  have been working there since a year ago. Every day, I am reading scholarship offers an opportunity to going abroad by UGM partner universities around the world and summarized the information and then upload it to their website (You can find many opportunities here: oia.ugm.ac.id). Because of that, I used to read an article in English and its improve my skill in skimming and summarizing an article. Besides, here I must communicate with the foreigner, it helps me to boost my listening skill in English and also speaking with them. I'm happy because I don't need to go to the English course to learn more about English. I think my conversational English skill is good enough for daily life. But, for study abroad? It is absolutely not. Haha

If you want to study abroad, the biggest challenge you must conquer is to get enough IELTS score. Last month, I did an IELTS simulation and I got score 5,5. I think it is not a good score since the average score to apply a scholarship is 6,5. I had read an article that if you want to increase one score of IELTS, you need at least 220 hours study. Well, I think I must commit to study English harder than ever. 

So, this is the way I train my writing skill. I try to write anything on my blog daily (of course in English) at least 250 words because I find that I enjoy writing here rather than on a piece of paper because its get me easily bored. So, if you find my grammar is bad, please correct me and I would appreciate it. 

Wish me luck!

Source: http://ayapunyacinta.blogspot.co.id
 

You Might Also Like

0 komentar